3rd Epsom (St Martin's) Scout Group
The worldwide Scout Movement is currently active in 216 countries and territories with a global membership of over 38 million.
It has been going from strength to strength ever since Lord Robert Baden-Powell founded it in 1907.
The 3rd Epsom Scout Group was founded in 1922 and is currently made up of:
- A Beaver Colony aged 6-8 years,
- A Cub Pack aged 8-10½ years,
- A Scout Troop aged 10½ years to 14 years,
- The new Ashley Explorer Unit (associated to the Group) aged 14 years to 18 years,
- A Group Executive Committee of parents and friends of the children in the Colony, Pack, Troop and Unit.
Each section is led by trained adult leaders, watched over by a Group Scout Leader (GSL) who co-ordinates the work of all the sections.
Together, several groups make up a District, led by the District Commissioner (DC) and a team of Assistant District
Commissioners (ADC). A number of districts in turn make up a County, with a County Commissioner (CC) and a team of Assistant County